Header Image
Header Image
The real estate forecast is always 85 & Sunny!



To register to vote, you must fill out a Florida Voter Registration Application Form. These are available at www.brevardelections.org, by mail, or at the registration locations. You can use this form to register to vote, to notify of a change of address, name, or party affiliation, and to request a replacement voter ID card.

Voter Registration


New residents must apply for Florida tags and car titles within 10 days after they begin working, apply for a homestead tax exemption, or enroll children in school. Proof of Florida insurance is required before tags can be issued.

Vehicles are registered at the Brevard County Tax Collector's Office.

Brevard Tax Collector


A Florida driver license must be obtained within 30 days after they begin working, apply for a homestead tax exemption, establish residency, register to vote, or enroll children in school. A replacement license is required at a cost of $10 within 10 days of changing a name or address.

New residents who have a valid out-of-state license will be required to take the vision examination. Prior to receiving a license on any vehicle they own in the state, the vehicles must be registered in the state of Florida and the registration certificate must be presented to the driver license agency.

For people without a vehicle, their driver license, plus an additional form of identification must be presented. The license costs $20 for six years. Renewals are $15.

Appointments for driver licenses, driving tests, and identification cards may be made at www.hsmv.state.fl.us or by calling 321-383-2762 in Titusville, 321-984-4930 in Melbourne, 321-752-3160 in North Melbourne, or 321-449-5000 in Merritt Island.


Eligible Florida residents may apply for the year-round homestead exemption of $50,000 on or before March 1 of the year they seek the exemption. Applications are taken all year-round. Residents 65 or older may be eligible for an additional exemption up to an additional $50,000. Check the Website for qualifications. https://www.bcpao.us/Home.aspx. Exemptions are also available for widows, widowers, the disabled and the veterans.

To apply for a homestead exemption you will need the following documents for all owners living on the property:

  • Florida driver's license or Florida ID card if you do not drive
  • Florida vehicle registration
  • Florida voter's registration
  • Social Security card
  • If not a US citizen, a Permanent Resident Alien Card
  • Copy of recorded deed or tax bill
  • Copy of trust agreement if one exists


Brevard Property Appraiser



Eligible Florida residents may apply for housing programs that may help them to own their next home. There are programs from affordable housing information to First-time homebuyer Program to Housing Rehabilitation and Repair Program.

For more information, call the Housing and Human Services:

Brevard County Housing & Human Services Department
Phone: 321-633-2007
2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way
Building B, Suite - 106
Viera, FL - 32940

Brevard County Housing and Human Services


Utilities Information - Resources



Utilities Information

The U.S. Postal Service helps take the stress out of moving. Change your address with the US Postal Service ONLINE.
Go to Moversguide for the USPS and enter the correct information.
Go to Brevard County schools website to get more information about schools in Brevard County.
Florida Power & Light Co. is the company that provides electricity in Brevard County.
Deposit: according to a customer's credit rating and location of your residence. An initial service charge is included on the first bill.
To receive FPL service, call (321) 723-7795 at any hour. One-day notification is required to provide service.
Florida City Gas supplies natural gas to most of Brevard.
Deposit for a meter: according to the amount of monthly gas usage. Start-up deposit: $50. The meter deposit is refunded with interest after 12 months to customers with good payment records. 
To begin gas service, call (800) 993-7546; for new homes, call (321) 632-1734.
AT&T is one of the companies that provide phone services in most Brevard county.
Deposit: according to customer's credit report. Customers need to provide SSN, address, and driver's license.
Contact AT&T at (888) 757-6500 to set up service.
Charges for sewer, water and deposit rates vary in Brevard.Deposits are refunded when service is disconnected.
Melbourne supplies water to its residents and those of Indian Harbour Beach, Satellite Beach, Indialantic, Melbourne Beach, Melbourne Village, and Palm Shores. Wholesale water service is provided to Patrick Air Force Base, Palm Bay and West Melbourne.
 Deposit for mainland residents and customers on city water: $120. Deposit for beachside residents on county sewer: $103
Melbourne City Hall, 900 E. Strawbridge Ave., Melbourne. Schedule: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, or call (321) 727-2900.

For West Melbourne, water and sewer deposit covers water, sewage, and collection of garbage, recycling and yard trash.
Deposit: $100; $10 service fee. Deposit is refunded when service is disconnected.
West Melbourne City Hall, 2285 Minton Road, between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays, or call (321) 727-7700.

Palm Bay and Malabar residents can contact Palm Bay Utilities Corp., 120 Malabar Road S.E. (321) 952-3420.
Deposit: $100 for sewer; $100 for city water; $16.23 for administrative fee.
For an additional $5, the city will perform a credit check. If an owner's credit check is favorable, the deposit may be waived. If a renter's credit check is favorable, the renter will only be responsible for half of the deposit. 
Deposits will be returned after three years of excellent credit. 
Cocoa provides service for most Central Brevard, including Rockledge, Cocoa Beach, Port St. John, Merritt Island, Cape Canaveral, Suntree, Viera and a large portion of unincorporated central Brevard County. Charges vary.
Cocoa Deposit: $40 for water; $50 for sewer (inside city limits); $60 for sewer (outside city limits); $20 for administration fee. For customer with septick tanks, deposit is $40 water deposit.
Rockledge Deposit: $40 for sewer; $20 administration fee. Contact Rockledge City Hall at 321-690-3978.
Cocoa Beach: up to $95 for sewer; $20 administration fee.
Suntree/Viera Deposit: $60 for county sewer; $40 for city water; $20 administration fee.
Cocoa City Hall, 603 Brevard Ave., between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday. (321) 639-7500.Service can start also online: www.cocoafl.org or email customerservice@cocoafl.org.

Titusville deposit covers water, sewer and trash pickup.
Deposit: $114 for sewer, water, and garbage pickup; $15 administrative fee. Deposits refunded after 3 years of good credit. 
Titusville City Hall, 555 Washington Ave., between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays. (321) 383-5791.

Brevard residents in the Mims and Scottsmoor areas, outside Titusville city limits, use county water and sewer service.
Deposit: $30 for water service; $90 for water and sewer service.
Brevard County Utilities Finance Office, 2262 High Drive, Mims, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays. (321) 264-5130.

Barefoot Bay & Snug Harbor residents can contact the Brevard County Water Resources Department for service at 772-664-5916.
Deposit: $100 for water and sewer; set-up charge: $15 (non-refundable). 
Please, contact your different utility companies to confirm deposit/amount dues to each of them. Remember these are a general overview of the utilities available in Brevard County.
SPECTRUM in Brevard County   -- SPECTRUM
Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach
210 Center St.
Cape Canaveral , FL 32920

Cable Customer Care: (321) 254-3300
Lobby hours: Weekdays, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

720 Magnolia Ave.
Melbourne , FL 32935

Cable Customer Care: (321) 254-3300
Lobby hours: Weekdays, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Drive Thru: Weekdays, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.

3550 S. Washington Ave. , Suite No. 5
Titusville , FL 32780

Cable Customer Care: (321) 631-3707
Lobby hours: Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Monday, Thursday and Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
DIRECT TV in Brevard County   --My DirectTV
For existing DIRECTV® service
Home service: 1-800-494-4388
Hearing impaired customers (TTY): 1-800-779-4388
Business service: 1-888-200-4388
Hotel/dorm/hospital service: 1-800-388-2505

For new DIRECTV service
Home service: 1-888-777-2454
At your business: 1-888-388-4249
By Mail:
Customer Service
P.O. Box 6550
Greenwood Village, CO 80155-6550
Curbside Garbage Collection
Residents in the unincorporated areas of Brevard County have twice a week collection of garbage. Brevard County contract with Waste Management Incorporated for curbside collection, excluding Rockledge and Titusville.
For information about trash collection and to request a recycling bin in Rockledge, call the Public Works Department at 321-690-3961; for Titusville, 321-383-5755; for all other parts, 321-636-6894.
Brevard County Solid Waste Management provides a recycling hot line to answer questions about how and where to dispose of specific items, 321-633-2043.